Delores, Uruguay 3rd time's a charm


I´m still here.


The weather has been nice, sunny and in the 80s and 90s, but nothing exciting happens until the dentist gets done pulling teeth and we sit and share a mate. I've gone native.

There are a lot of old cars still on the road, but if I mention that I like one, the owner tries to sell it to me.
Back home, it has been cold, cold and more cold, and you can stay at a hotel here for a little more than $80 a month.

I got a $40 root canal, and since then have had nothing but problems with the tooth in question, so I´m waiting it out. The bike still runs, and I´m talking to Mark, the dutch tatoo artist, about doing the same trip next year on waverunners, riding down South America just off the Atlantic coast. We both think it is feasible, and would be an interesting way to feed the mosquitos while exploring the rivers of Brazil.

No comments: