Osorno, Chile


Dec 30, 2004

Chile is chilly, unless you are in Santiago. I am about 600 miles south, and it is raining, and the forecast is more rain, then a little bit of rain, with scattered showers on and off between the
spells of rain.

The road down was straight and quick, through vineyards that resemble the Napa valley, then alpine forests and little tin roof villages tucked into the hillsides.

Off to the left the mountain range was covered with snow.

I spent a lot longer than planned in Santiago, and just found out I am about 3000 miles north of my goal of Tierra Del Fuego, which tells me that I really do need to get and occasionally refer to a good map. I was under the impression that I am about 1800 miles away.

The map I got for $2 at the gas station doesn't have Argentina on it, so I am pretty much winging it until I get to an Argentinian gas station and can get a map there with fill up, if they run the same deal on that side of the border.

No comments: