Santiago, Chile



Dec 26, 2004

I got here yesterday, and made contact with Mario, who takes in stray motorcyclists with problems. I am staying at his house while we get my rear wheel bearings replaced, a new battery, rear pads, and hopefully I change out some suspect electrical parts. Santiago is very beautiful, hot, and remniscent of California. As I rode in from up north, I was amazed at how much this part of Chile is exactly like Southern California, except everyone speaks Spanish. Wait a minute, come to think about it, that makes it exactly like California.

You could literally stop every ten miles or so and take a photo of a beach, they were that perfect, with water that was blue and then green, and lots of rocky shores and beaches full of tents and bathers.
And the people of Santiago are very friendly.

No comments: