Veracruz, Mexico


Nov 13, 2004


Well, let´s see.... Since my last message, I´ve been back to McAllen
for a five hour battery buying experience, lost my sleeping bag,
tennis shoes and motorcycle cover off the back of my bike somewhere
on the road, lost three bottles of water, also on the road, and
spent the night in Tampico in one of those love shack hotels common
to Latin America where you pull into a garage and close it then your
^friend^ gets out of the car unseen. It was late and the only place
in sight. I´m heading out toward Cancun tomorrow. I shot a lot of
good footage, then two of the three chips in my camera stopped
processing, so I´ve got a lot of really nice red stuff. Í´ve come to
realize that the sign of a good restaurant down here is not how good
it looks, but whether or not anyone is eating there.

Veracruz has a really nice waterfront, like La Paz.But if I do the
winter in Mexico next year I think I`ll stay in Tuxpan and then the
Emerald coast, both north of here and both charming for different
reasons. Tuxpan is on a body of water that looks like a lake, has a
long promenade and lots of little hotels and the Emerald Coast is
north of Veracruz and reminds me of an orange county beach town in
the 60´s , lots of little hotels and restaurants and a really nice
little beach.

No comments: