Santo Domingo, Ecuador


Dec 15, 2004

Free at last, oh Lord, free at last...

When I woke up it was raining heavy, so I knew today was the day we would get the bikes back. They were released to our custody at 11.30, and we immediately raced back to the hotel to pack up and get the heck out of Dodge. Even the customs agent, who was recommended to us as honest and above-board, tried to rip us off for ten dollars each above the pre-arranged rate. I believe I have met two honest people the entire time I have been in Quito.

The ride down out of the mountains was wet, misty, and full of slow
moving trucks and the busses full of terrified passengers passing them that makes riding in this part of the world such a thrill a minute.

It is nice to be warm, even a little muggy, again.

More when I am in a better place.

No comments: